For those in the Chichester, West Sussex and surrounding areas, South Downs Astronomical Society (SDAS) is a friendly and informal way of meeting others with similar interests and of learning more about the science and fun of astronomy.
From this enthusiasm has also evolved the South Downs Planetarium Trust, based in the Sir Patrick Moore Building, in the Chichester High Schools campus, Kingsham Road, Chichester.
Benefits of SDAS membership include:
• Monthly Meetings on the first Friday of every month at 7.30 pm.
• A Programme of Lectures on astronomical, space and allied subjects by visiting speakers, all experts in their particular fields.
• A free monthly Newsletter either via email or post.
• Technical Library based at the Planetarium, a large collection of books on astronomy, space exploration and related topics, is available for loan to members.
• Loan of Telescopes including mounts and eyepieces.
• Social Activities to gain practical knowledge from fellow astronomers.
•Visitors and prospective members - including complete beginners - are always welcome
•Membership costs less than £20 per year, and there is a reduced rate for concessions.